Friday, April 22, 2011

"For the Love of Baseball"

  Today I got to watch my son Randy play baseball.  I love to watch Randy play. It can be one of my favorite things to do, or one of the most frustration things to do...depending on the game.
  Today, was a great game. 
  We got to the field and the sun was out!  Randy started on 3rd, then hit a triple (I'm sure it was the new batting gloves!).  Then he went in to pitch for the first time this year.  I love this, because he is just so in tune with what he is doing when he pitches.  Anyone who knows Randy, knows that he is a very shy kid who does not like any extra attention brought on to him.  You would think a kid like this wouldn't want to be out in the middle of the field with all eyes on him.  Well, thanks to a good Dad and a few good coaches over the years, Randy can do this.  It's so good for him.  Well, he was on tonight...one, two, three...outs...so fast!  Randy made it look easy. 
  He got himself into a pickle going home from third but he got the point...it was awesome!  He played an inning on first too.
  Two hits and one walk (good eye Randy)...no outs for him tonight (like I said...must be the new batting gloves). 
  Look forward to more sunny baseball games this next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run Love, Self Love

This morning I headed to the hills for an easy run on sore legs. The ache I felt was a good ache. The ache that you know you ran a good trai...