Monday, April 18, 2022

Marathon Training: Week Twelve! #foundchange?

Running in my hometown, Drain Sunday

 As I finished up week twelve, I was reminded that many don't know why the heck I collect coins when I run? If you follow me on social media, you'll see I find coins all the time. I definitely find more as we move into the warmer part of the year and people have been asking why?

 This week had been good. I continue to run on schedule and pace. Sometimes it scares me as I know anything can happen. Any day something could happen to mess up everything I've worked for thus far. I cannot let that get in the way. My mental training is going well too, better than ever. I do not take any training run for granted. Each time I lace up, run and head back into my house, I am thankful for my strength this cycle.   

 Some dates to look forward too! Eugene Half Marathon, May 1st. This race was sprinkled into training as a race predictor. It's placed nicely at five weeks before Newport Full. It'll give me a really good idea of what I'll be able to handle come race day on June 4th! I'm really excited to finish this half on Hayward field in Eugene. The first time I qualified for Boston was at Eugene Marathon 2018 on Hayward field. The stadium has been rebuilt since I ran there in 2018. It's much more grand and holds so much history. It will be a great honor to step foot on that track, once again. I cannot wait! 

 I started collecting found change years ago after reading an article about a Man in NY who picked up coins as he ran. I was a new runner myself and lived in a small town in Oregon but thought, "I'm going to start looking." I soon found a coin and it continued until I had a small jar full. I started another and then another. I started knowing the best places to find coins and of course, you just never know when


there will be one along the sidewalk. I've saved up close to $200 now. I am running Newport with an attempt to qualify for Boston Marathon 2023. When I register, I will use my #foundchange to get into Boston. I am hoping that my friends and those reading start saving change too. I will need help getting to Boston and I believe that change will get me there! It's going to be grand! 

 I know the next month and a half will go fast! I have high hopes for myself and the hard work is paying off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run Love, Self Love

This morning I headed to the hills for an easy run on sore legs. The ache I felt was a good ache. The ache that you know you ran a good trai...