Friday, May 27, 2011

These Feet are Ready!

My feet have ran many training miles for this marathon in only 8 days!  I know a lot of people will say, gross..... feet!  But my feet have worked so hard and been so good to me!  I am so excited to feel so ready for Newport.

Only in October did I run Portland Marathon and so many things went wrong for me.  Even though so many things went wrong, it was still a good experience and I am glad I did it.  I did finish after all!!!! Doing Portland made me see things different and made me a stronger person. 

I am very happy to go into Newport feeling ready...it's PR time for sure!  I have more support than ever.  I have trained with my new running buddy Tonya who has become my best friend over that last few training months.  She has made this a even better experience.  My cousin from AZ is flying in to run her 2nd marathon.  My friend Katie and Blanca are running their first marathons.  My Mom is walking her first marathon.  I have people coming to support me on the course!  We are gonna have a good ole time!  I am looking forward to lots of tears of pain and tears of joy!  I don't expect this to be easy, even with the training.  it will be hard, but that just makes it more worth doing!

I have enjoyed my taper this week.  Next week, I hope I am still enjoying the taper, but it gets scary!  I have to just trust my training and trust the taper (I know it works).  If I am a mess this next week, just tell me..."trust your training Julie!  Snap out of it!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run Love, Self Love

This morning I headed to the hills for an easy run on sore legs. The ache I felt was a good ache. The ache that you know you ran a good trai...