Sunday, May 29, 2022

Marathon Training Week 18: It's go Time

We are only a few days away from 7:00 am, June 4th, Newport Marathon! 

This last week my biggest fear has been getting sick. It's cold season and I know several people who have been, or who are sick. Stay away!!!!! All I can do is take extra vitamins and keep moving forward! I try not to dwell on it. 

My biggest highlight of the week was Saturday's group run! I used to head up a large group run nearly every weekend. As we went into two years of "covid," people weren't meeting as much and races were far and few, if any at all. Training mostly alone has been a change that has actually been enjoyable, but I desperately miss the group. 

Saturday (yesterday) two friends racing Newport half, my husband who's doing the full, and another who's not racing at all met up in Salem. We ran, laughed and just enjoyed the great outdoors. It felt so good to run with others. We all talked about the upcoming Pacific Northwest Marathon and how we should all sign up. I think there will be more group runs in the near future! 

I am still undecided on what I will be wearing on race day. I am having a hard time finding the "perfect" race outfit. I typically have that figured out by now. 

This week is simple, one quality run and a few easy runs. I will then celebrate with the race! It's a celebration of the last four months. A celebration of grit, determination, will power, discipline, and just the desire to dream up a dream, and go for it! It's taken me a long time to get here. It's been worth every step!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Run Love, Self Love

This morning I headed to the hills for an easy run on sore legs. The ache I felt was a good ache. The ache that you know you ran a good trai...