Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Albany Half 2014 Review

 Last year I did the Inaugural Albany Half, so this year it was on my list of races to do again.  Summer Halves aren't my favorite because of the heat, but they are good for training! 

The 2nd Albany Half Marathon was held at Timber Linn Park on Saturday Aug. 16th
Registration was $45 before July 1st,  $55 after....or $65 on race day.  Your fee included at dri-fit shirt and a medal at the finish line.
All race proceeds and sponsorships went back to the Albany schools. 
My FAVORITE, Dutch Bros was there!!!

This year there were some small changes that made the Albany Half even better than last year.  First of all, when I got to packet pick up the line seemed to flow better.  I was handed my bib number, a dri-fit shirt and a bag with coupons and advertisements in it.  There were more vendors than last year.  I always enjoy walking around looking at vendor booths at races.

This year instead of starting on the grass, we stared on the asphalt with chip timing. That's always a plus in my book! 

There were more porta potties this year.  I used them several times before the race started and never had to stand in line.  Last year I stood in line.  

There was plenty of road control out on the course as well. The Linn County Sheriff's Dept. and The Albany Police Dept. were out on course stopping cars when the runners needed to cross the streets.

There was Energy Gu and Gatorade out on the course along with plenty of water, much needed in summer races. The water was about every two miles with plenty of volunteers.   


Nice bright orange dri-fit shirt this yr!
They offered a walkers start at 7:00 am.  I started with the runners at 8:00 am.  The weather seemed cooler than last year (slightly, lol).  The first several miles were nice and flat.  We ran through local farm land. The course was a big loop.  Half way, our split time was taken.  There was a nice water station and a port a potty for those in need!  Thankfully, I was not in need!!!!!  

My stomach did begin hurting very badly around this time for some unknown reason.  I had to take it down a notch for some relief.  Had to slow down quite a bit!

About mile 7 began the rolling hills and I started seeing walkers.  I always enjoy a race when they start the walkers early so the runners can catch up with them.  Somehow this gives me something to look forward too! It was starting to get hot.


About mile 11 my stomach began to feel better and I was able to speed back up and finish pretty strong.  I like the changes made at the end of the race this year.  We ended on a better road this time and didn't have to run in a grass field.   Every finisher got to hear their named called as they crossed the finish line.  That's always fun.
Some good eats at the end of the race
Fun Raffles and Award.  Lots of Raffles were drawn making it fun at the end for the runners.
AdvoCare Advisor Jennifer Tress
(360) 635-8574
https://www.advocare.com/140169742
Albany Sport & Spine Physical Therapy
541-928-1411
617 Hickory St NW Suite 160
Albany, OR 97321

Advanced Chiropractic
Keven M. Ross, DC
1117 Pacific Blvd SE
Albany, OR 97321
541-928-1010

Mid Valley Physical Therapy
Gregory Pick
631 Elm St. SW, Suite 205
Albany, OR 97321
541-967-1224

These are a few of the vendors I talked too!  There were MORE!  So fun!
 Ended at 1:55.27... 2nd place in age group.  10th women and 52nd runner overall.
If you have any questions about the Albany Half Marathon, please contact Bryce Bennett at 541-730-0413 or bryce.bennett@albany.k12.or.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run Love, Self Love

This morning I headed to the hills for an easy run on sore legs. The ache I felt was a good ache. The ache that you know you ran a good trai...