Monday, March 4, 2013

2013 in Action

This year I have some plans for some great races.  My goal for 2013 is to team up with as many local business as possible.  I have done this on a small scale and I love it.  It's so much fun to work with local businesses.  I learn about them, promote them, and run for them.  Together, we promote getting active and living a healthy lifestyle.

So far my year looks like this ....



Sign up and run this with me!
March brings Uberthons Luckython on the 16th.  I will be running the 5k at 4:00pm with my husband Jerry, best friend Tonya and a few other friends.  I teamed up with Uberthons last year while doing a fundraiser Marathon for my Superhero Lincoln who is battling Leukemia.  Uberthons continues to help Lincoln and his family.  Part of our registration fees are going to his family for this race!  Check out our fb page here.

March 17th I will be doing Shamrock 15k in Portland.  My husband and I are taking vacation and doing this just for fun.  We will be meeting several friends and expect a good time.  This will be my very first 15k and I'm excited.  

April 14th brings The Biggest Loser 15k race in Springfield.  This is a race that was offered to me because I'm a Sweat Pink Ambassador.  My brother lives in Eugene and I don't get to see him much.  I've already made plans to run (thanks to Sweat Pink), then meet up with him for a good lunch at one of his favorite places.
My Mom, me and daugher Raelee at Hippie Chick '12

May 11th is a fun one. Hippie Chick half marathon.  I have done Hippie Chick twice.  It's all women.  All shapes, sizes and ages.  You can do a 1/4 or 1/2 marathon, walk or run.  I love that about it.  Women coming together.  This wasn't on my list for this year but my wonderful friend Tonya insisted I run this with her.  We will have a blast and I look forward to this one!


Newport 2012
June 1st is Newport Marathon.  This will be my 3rd time running Newport, but first time being sponsored for it.  I am proud to say DC Electric Inc. is my sponsor this year.  You will see them in lots of my training posts about Newport in the next few months.  

July I don't have anything yet, but I'm looking at the Wildwood Trail Run.  I could either do the full marathon, the half or the 10k.  I don't think I'll plan on the full since I will be doing Newport the month before, but the half would be great fun!

August 10th I have a team for the 5k Foam Fest.  We are Team Foam Ninjas!  I'm looking forward to a great time at this race...it's simply for fun and we will have fun!  
The end of August is Hood To Coast.  I'm not on a team yet this year, but you never know if someone will ask me to fill in last minute!  I did this relay a couple years ago...it's crazy but so fun!

September 28th I really want to run the The Oregon Marathon.  This is put on by Uberthon's and it's their 1st year doing the Marathon.  Really hoping this one works out!  There is also a half, but the full is what I'm wanting to do this month. 


Runaway Pumpkin Half 2012
October is one of my favorites....The Runaway Pumpkin Half.  This will be their 3rd year putting this race on and if I do it, my 3rd year doing it.  Great course and lots of fun and I love that it's in the Fall.

November...my birthday month!  I would like to do Silver Falls Half Marathon put on by Run Wild Adventures.  It's a challenging route, but it's so pretty and I think it would be fun.  

December brings Shellburg Falls Trail Run, also put on by Run Wild Adventures. It's 6.8 miles of pretty Oregon trail.  I wanted to do this one last year but didn't end up doing it!

If you have a small business and would like to team up with me, send me an e-mail at jerrysgirlruns@gmail.com or message me on fb here.

I would be happy to work together with you to promote your business, promote a healthy lifestyle and have fun running an extra race or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Run Love, Self Love

This morning I headed to the hills for an easy run on sore legs. The ache I felt was a good ache. The ache that you know you ran a good trai...