Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Blunders

Yesterday was Thanksgiving.  We spent the day at my Mom's house along with my Step-Dad Alan, and his son Andrew. My brother Jeff was going to join u,s but got sick and had to stay home.  We (Jerry, Raelee, Andrew and I) started the day with a three mile run.  We passed some fresh roadkill (gotta love Yoncalla)!
My husband Jerry stopped to capture the!  My run quickly turned into a walk around mile 1.5.  I have allergy problems whenever I come to my Mom's house.  I am convinced I'm allergic to Yoncalla!

We came home and got washed up for Thanksgiving!  Mom already had the turkey in the oven.  The wonderful spells of dinner quickly filled the house.

We were able to eat and have a wonderful dinner together. I ended up breaking my "no dairy" for the first time in 7 days.  Boo hoo!  I started right back up today!  I'm not giving up.  I did read this weekend that if you get more than 15 headaches in one month, you most likely have a food allergy.  Might be talking to a doctor to get this figured out.  I went to a store today with lots of non dairy options and that helped.   We enjoyed some football and naps.  We also enjoyed celebrating Alan's birthday (it fell on Thanksgiving this year). The evening came, and we decided to load up and go to Cottage Grove to catch the opening deals at Wal Mart.  We got to Wal Mart as they were opening (10pm).   We were able to get everything we went in for.  Jerry got in line, and Mom, my boys and I went home.  Rylan said he didn't feel well.  I didn't think much of it, I knew he was really tired.  We drove home in the pouring down rain and came into Mom's house.  The dogs started barking and we find they have gotten into some blueberries.....where did the dogs get blueberries?  Rylan said, "I need a bowl."  When Rylan (age 7) says I need a bowl, he is going to throw up.  I went to the kitchen to get a bowl and can't find one.  Then I here it coming!  I went and grabbed Rylan and helped him to the bathroom as it keeps coming.  My Mom has a furnace in the floor and he puked in the furnace.  It started smoking and then the fire alarm went off!  I get Rylan in the bathroom and go to scrub up the mess.  In the meantime, Jerry, Andrew, and Alan come home so, once again...the dogs started barking!  What a night!  It's now around midnight and we all went to bed.  Rylan slept in really late today.  He needed it.  He felt fine when he woke up.  I am Thankful for family, memories and so much more.  Now bring on Christmas!!!                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment