Sunday, February 25, 2024

Does it Really Matter?

Training for Eugene 24 has been nothing short of the question, "is it worth it?" I do a lot of talking to myself when out on the road at dark-o-thrity! I have spent the last few years doing pretty intense mararthon cycles. Pretty intense for a women in her 40's who works full time and loves to spend time with her family anyway!

As I go into my own head, I know what a training cycle requires from me and I do know it is worth it! I know the reward is coming. Altough it doesn't really matter much to anyone else, I do have people supporing my effort and I support them. It's a beautiful thing. It's not usally a topic on a group long run but today it was! From vacations, to feeling tired and down, trainning is hard and down right gritty. Hard both pysically and mentally. When it's all said and done, we all agreed this morning that getting up, getting it done, along with all the sacrifices during the four months of training, really is worth the sorrow and feeling sorry for ourselves, HA! We talked about the importance of having people in our lives that we look up to as better athlete's. Having friends who run with us, get us out the door, and keep us accountable! Also to those who ask for our advice, who look up to us as an athlete. It all matters, and goes together to keep us moving forward like a beautiful machine.

This last week I had a friend tell me she loved what I had posted the other day. It was a running post that I almost didn't put up as "does it really matter?" It was a reminder to me that people are watching. Even if it's just one...I will share and insire the one! If you are sharing, there is a good chance, I will see your post and I will be insired! Together we are better!

Keep shinning my friends! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run Love, Self Love

This morning I headed to the hills for an easy run on sore legs. The ache I felt was a good ache. The ache that you know you ran a good trai...