Sunday, February 25, 2024

I Deserve a Break!

Thought of the week:

 "Don't allow how I feel to dictate how or if I show up!"

 The truth is, I don't always want to show up. I stuggle most mornings to get out the door. The last couple weeks, more than usual. I don't always feel like getting up, getting dressed down, and heading out to get my scheduled workout in. 

I'm tired 
I'm sore
I am not motivated
I had a long day 
I deserve a break 
I just-don't-want-to!!! 

 It's okay to feel all the feels, I just try to remember, "I will not always feel like doing what I said I would do!" To achieve my goals requires me to stop allowing my feeling to dictate my behavior. I make big goals and I have big dreams. I choose to take action! 

Over the last two weeks of training I've had to give myself some grace. I also called myself out on some of my behavior towards my own workouts and goals. I haven't fallen off the training bandwagon, just stuggled a bit.

In the end, a goal met is worth more when the struggle is hard and you endure and conquer anyway!

Cheers to week six of marathon training!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run Love, Self Love

This morning I headed to the hills for an easy run on sore legs. The ache I felt was a good ache. The ache that you know you ran a good trai...