Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Women can do more than they think they Can!"

"My goal has always been to introduce other people to running, they might accomplish something they never thought they could." ~Grete Waitz, Norwegian Marathon runner and former world record holder.
These women just ran their fist 5k (about 1.5 yrs. ago)

I found this quote today and it has been true for me the last two yrs.  I started Dallas.OR.Running.Club to help people see that they can do much more than they think they can.  I love working with the women that come.  I have had women come, walk, run, race, and drop out.  Even if it doesn't work out for everyone, it brings me great joy when a women comes and gets stronger and starts to realize she can do things she didn't think her body could.

I started running three years ago.  I have goon though lots of ups and lots of downs.  I have had more "bad" days and more "bad" races than "good."   I have had to work through several injuries from not always doing things right.  All-in-all, though the good and the bad, I just try and stay consistent and surround myself with people who keep me encouraged.  As I look back at the last three years on paper, I see how much stronger I have gotten from year to year.  It really does pay off!

Dallas.OR.Running.Club is open to all fitness levels, men and women (ages 13+ please).  We are currently meeting on Tuesday evenings at 7:00pm if you would like to check us out!  We are done by 8:00pm.  This is a free fitness club.  Be sure and bring a flashlight, it's dark out at this time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run Love, Self Love

This morning I headed to the hills for an easy run on sore legs. The ache I felt was a good ache. The ache that you know you ran a good trai...